In my writing, speaking, and traveling, there is probably no topic that has generated more discussion, concern, and ‘aha’ moments than forgiveness.
Forgiveness is at, or near, the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
And yet, there is probably no Christian practice that is so misunderstood and misapplied.
This series is about reclaiming the theology and practice of biblical forgiveness. The hope is that you will receive a deeper, richer, and more enduring understanding of what it means to forgive others as God forgives.
Here is what one person says about “Reclaiming Forgiveness”:
“This entire series has been a huge blessing to me. Peace and harmony. How I love that!” (J. H., Canada)
You can click here for the first post in this series, “Reclaiming Forgiveness.” You can click “NEXT” at the end of each post to go to the next one in order.
As an alternative, here are the episodes in the order in which they were presented – simply click on the title to go to the post:
1. Reclaiming Forgiveness or podcast 096
2. Confusing Love and Forgiveness or podcast 097
3. Forgiveness Illustrated or podcast 098
4. Forgiveness Distorted or podcast 099
5. The Therapy of Love or podcast 100
6. Love is Active or podcast 101
7. Destination of Forgiveness or podcast 102
8. The Map of Forgiveness or podcast 103
9. But what about ...? or podcast 104
10. 6 Relational Breaking Points or podcast 105
11. 4 Practices When Loving Hurts or podcast 106
12. Bold Love or podcast 107
13. R is for Change or podcast 108
14. 4 Dynamics of Repentance or podcast 109
15. Why Homologeo Matters or podcast 110
16. Why confess to God? or podcast 111
17. 7 Qualities of Genuine Confession or podcast 112
18. 4 Qualities of True Forgiveness or podcast 113
19. Two Responses to a Forgiveness Dilemma or podcast 114
20. When Forgiveness is Withheld or podcast 115
21. Restitution: What is it; Why it matters or podcast 116
22. 2 Questions About Restitution or podcast 117
23. The Truth About Restitution or podcast 118
24. I can’t forgive myself or podcast 119
25. Why reconciliation is important to you or podcast 120
26. 5 Habits of Highly Forgiving People or podcast 121
27. Conversations Toward Discovery or podcast 122
If you find these posts helpful, share them with others who will benefit.
Feel free to write to me at email@example.com or using the ‘Contact’ form.
You can also subscribe to download your free copy of Listening Well to Matthew and to receive weekly newsletters for FREE.
Photo credit: “The Return of the Prodigal Son” by Rembrandt (ca. 1669).